Thursday, February 5, 2015

For Whatever Reason-

I can only post to my blogsite when I'm really busy.  I'm no longer unemployed, for about a month now.   The good news is, so far, so good.  I already get more respect there as a person than I ever did with my other job, and I was the boss (well, the medium boss) there.  And worked with "friends". 


While I've been working on my computer during the day, I've been listening to podcasts, and one of the podcasts I was listening to made me think a little.  Imagine that.  They talked  about when you're writing a book, they sometimes say to start at the end, and then write the story to fit that.  And the question it raised was, if you were dying today, what would you regret most, maybe something you didn't do.  I think for me it was self love, and not doing what I most wanted to do.  Which I'm willing to bet is a very common one, at least for most women.  Hell, I think it's common for a lot of men, too.   They're doing the best they can to support a family, and there's not always room for following dreams when you work 3rd shift at some crappy job. 


So, I plan to spend more time doing what I love, taking care of myself, but not stressing over it.  Because there's a lot more to life than money.  I know, easy for me to say now that I'm older and don't have to worry about it much.  But that's one of the blessings of my life, and when God gives you a gift, you should open it, thank him, and enjoy it.  So that's my plan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment